Saddam and Hitler did give a choice, quite literally, you were either against or with them. I think considering the privileges Christianity seems to offer (wether or not those privileges must be 'earned' is irrelevant, it's about the socalled 'choice'), it's really not thát different. (remember that non-believers are generally thought to go to hell no matter what).

I think God would have a relatively hard time to justify his actions. Because I'm sure éven those Christians who died in that earthquake did not choose to die like that or fór whatever reason God would state. I'd say it's murder indeed, instead of killings. If infact God was the force who set the earthquake in motion, then God was like a finger pulling the trigger of a gun. Motive would be secondary of importance, there's no 'acted out of self-defense' argument when it comes to devasting disasters like earthquakes if you ask me.
Just like we can't morally justify setting off a nuclear bomb 'out of self-defense' or 'precaution'.

(More or less OT:)
Yes, eventhough the bible says nothing about our soul being immortal yes or no, but okey, if that's what 'Christian fundamentalists' believe. (I guess all christians believe this, right?)

Quote:

We are a flawed

Perhaps, but who is the only one who can do something about that? A little hint: not God.

Personally I would definately see humans like Stalin or Saddam or Hitler as 'flawed' persons, no doubt about that. Still, since humanity seems to have a hard time learning from it's past, I don't really see how rebirth of our souls is our only hope. The problem is there are so many of us, so many of us could screw up (again?). There's seemingly no process of selection of any kind, otherwise one could argue that 2000 years would be more than enough to recycle souls and result in a better humanity as a whole.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software