Quote:

Perhaps, but who is the only one who can do something about that?

Obviously we haven't done anything yet, although I admire your hopeful optimism I am too much a profound skeptic of human nature to agree. I certainly dont see anything in history which makes even a small resistance against the massive force of man's self-destruction.

Quote:

There's seemingly no process of selection of any kind, otherwise one could argue that 2000 years would be more than enough to recycle souls and result in a better humanity as a whole.

Its not a better humanity, its a replaced humanity. With the advent of Christ 2000 years ago there is now two seperate species of humanity on earth. This is why Christ referred to Himself as the Son of God, and the "first begotten from the dead". The reason why this "new creation" has not affected the earth in the way you would expect is because it (the Christian Purpose) is not directed to interfere with the continuum of "old Adamic's creation" downward spiral. Christ's Kingdom was always, and always shall be a subtle, non-physical Kingdom. We, as the body of Christ, do not stand to inherit this earth, but are promised a new heaven and earth. So obviously our purposes(as directed by God) would not stand in the way. There are indeed great changes we make through our efforts down through history, but none of those changes will ever become an obstacle to mankind's apocalyptic finale. God has already judged Adam with death from the garden, the strength of that condemnation is impervious,inevitable and irreconcilably resolute, so much so that the earth quakes, hurricane's rage, famine spreads, floods overcome, waves sweep, men war with each other, radiation seeps through the ozone and thousands die every day. There is no way that the course of such events will ever turn, because they are linked by the eternal counsels of the Godhead.