Yes, lack of God's presence is not necessarily atheism. There are many Christians - maybe the majority? - who also believe that God is not physically present, but exists only in our mind. However in primitive tribal religions and in fundamentalism, normally their God decides whether an earthquake physically happens or not. I don't think there is much difference in whether he decides this by act or by omission.

God killed people for many reasons in the Old testament, not necessarily for committing huge sins. It depended on his mood. According to the bible, if he was in a bad mood he killed hundreds just for offering him using the wrong incense, or just to prove that he can do it.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-many-has-god-killed.html

Quote:

those books... they are lists... of all the illegal things and ungodly things everyone in that room did, and it would be something like the whole, i should have done worse to humanity, it deserves it

Hmm, I have the impression that such "lists of ungodly things" would not help God to get acquitted. He needs something stronger for the defense. Do not forget that the ICC is used to judge monstrous war criminals. "They deserved it" is the usual motivation for mass murder, but won't do for legal defense.

Besides, its quite a huge stack of books - can it be that the people in the court room have done so many ungodly things?