Quote:

Yeah, nothing to judge, so why should or how can that young child's death be just?

Who said death is just? I was speaking of the God acting as a judge in the afterlife as being just when dealing with our past lives. I don't necessarily think death is cause of God but rather our own sin as described in the bible. Don't lead yourself into thinking that all things on earth need to be just. Nothing is just in this world, there are bad things going on all the time, this is a cause of our sin. I believe, in the end, every man will have to account for himself.

Quote:

Fear should never be a motive to have blind faith in anything.

I never mentioned fear as a motive for anything. I'm moved by different motives than fear. However, this isn't to say that I do not have my own fears, as I do. But it does not guide my beliefs.

Quote:

Religious people tend to be a lot more worried and anxious about death than Atheists - otherwise they probably weren't so religious, won't you agree? Fear of death is a huge motivation, if not the main reason, for religion.

I don't know the minds of everyone who believes in religion(or just in the bible for that matter), so I cannot make an assumption on this. From who I know personally, religion seems to give people a sense of belonging, churches and institutes are gathering places. This I have no problem with. However, I usually dislike most other aspects of religion, which exist to control people. I'm more of the open minded type. Perhaps fear is motivation for some, but from who I know personally, i'd say it's the purpose that God brings into your live when you accept him, life is no longer just a meaningless existence. Some say that accepting Christ and God is not only about that, but also accepting yourself. You come to terms with your own sin, and try to make steps for the better. If your believe this, it's no longer about fear, but rather love and purpose.

Quote:

Unless God proves us otherwise, of course. Maybe his lawyer still has an ace up his sleeve?

God cannot prove anything to an Atheist. Your speaking as though you believe God exists, just for the sake of this thread, but your opinion is solid either way. Therefore, God will never win this case in your current state of mind. By saying this i'm making an assumption your Atheist? Or perhaps, you don't know if your qualified to say whether God exists or not? If you indeed believe in God, then it's troublesome to see this fantasy trail you thought up, as you must be very confused.

I feel bad for Atheists, as life is not put into perspective. You will go through life working very hard with your talents and interests, and when you grow old and very knowledgeable, you will still not have no answer on what the point of your life was. Usually people hide from the truth behind multiple things, such as their work, their own reasoning, problems, and so on. And others just mellow out using whatever means necessary(drugs, ect.). But hopefully you will never be so hardened that God, or the notion of savior, will never be an option.