Quote:

As a final note, being caught between believing or not, I would like to say I just can't stand atheists. LOL, I know that not believing 100% might make me one also, but the reason for this is because of my experience with atheists. See before I met a paticular atheist that doesn't need to be named I believed in god and heaven, and all that wonderful candy land stuff. However, after a long conversation with this person I ended up feeling empty inside. I have secretly hated this person for doing that to me. I mean really, let's say you guys are all right CONGRADULATIONS, now we all get to die and our life really has no wonderful meaning. Thanks for $#itting on us all some added stress, fear, and worry. When I meet people that deeply believe in god they seem happy about it, it's comforting not to have to worry about death. Then I think about people who either dont believe in god or aren't sure, and well, how many of you are actually really really hoping there is nothing after life. Really..

The interesting this about this is that most Atheists feel this way when presented with the church, God, and a bible. They feel disconnected with their beliefs, and this is why they try so hard to disprove others beliefs.

In order to follow Christianity, you must forfeit certain liberties you would have taken otherwise. These liberties usually revolve around sin, dealing with insecurities and so forth. Unfortunately most people would rather call it a day, become an Atheist, and indulge in many things that actually hurt them. This is not to say that by becoming a Christian you instantly change your ways, it's always a struggle either way, but you end up having a much more open mind in the end(and a different outlook on life).

I think for the Christians reading these forums, a struggle is presented throughout. And for the Atheists, they wont feel satisfied until all Christians joined them. If you look at an incredibly insecure person, you will notice these insecurities increase when no one is watching their antics, listening to them, or joining in under them. Of course, they usually present themselves in a very engaging way, when they are confronted, they either run around the topic, change it, or become a hothead. But that's the beauty of the internet, you never discuss things at an emotional/personal level, and such a large part of religion involves that. But when their not confronted, they will quickly create a topic such as this, and seek you out. My advice is don't become discouraged by the debates on this forum, there intellectual in some degrees, but also full of much false information and runaround.

btw- The reason i'm mainly focusing on Christianity vs. Atheism is due to in roughly 80-90% of the posts of this forum discuss Christianity, usually coming from Atheists. Awkward enough, you rarely hear much discussing Islam, Buddhism, ect. Even those these religions are arguably as big as Christianity. Which makes me wonder, is it just that much easier to bash Christianity?