There are solid statistics: acts of violence are more often committed by religious people, than by Atheists or Agnostics. We normally tend to be peaceful. If you're walking along a dark alley and suddenly hear steps behind you, you better pray that it's an Atheist!

http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Quote:

On topic:
The lawyer that defends God, is he a Christian or atheist?

He is a Christian, God would probably not have hired an Atheist for his defense. It's now the lawyer's turn to speak:

"Your Honor! My client is innocent. The proof is already all around you. If God were really the mad killer as the prosecution depicts him, wouldn't he have eliminated this court in an instant? Isn't the mere fact that you still live proof enough for the innocence of my client? But we're not going to make do with this. During this trial, we will present overwhelming evidence that my client has not killed anyone. On the contrary, my client is a victim. He has not hid in the spider hole out of guilt. He has hid out of shame: shame at all the ridiculous tales, all the slander, all the false accusations against him. We are going to make an end with this. We will unveil the lies. This court will have no choice but a full acquittal. Therefore, we plead: not guilty!"

The courtroom is silent as a grave. The only sound to be heard is a slow grinding of teeth from the prosecutor's table. No one has expected this bold move from the defense. Everyone was ready to hear a long drivel about original sin and ungodly behavior, and lame excuses about rewards in the afterlife. How can the defense lawyer dare to simply plead not guilty, rather than going for a plea bargain? What ace might he have up his sleeve?

Meanwhile the prosecutor has regained his composure. He jumps up and exclaims: "I call God to the witness stand!"

Slowly, God gets up and walks towards the witness box. The court is in for another shock.