Quote:

We have more evidence that Jesus existed than many other undisputed historical figures. Including secular references to his existence. So there really is no need to play the "Jesus myth" game. His existence wouldn't be questioned by anyone today if it weren't for a few no-names trying to cause a stir by promulgating their amateur theories.

You probably have this from hearsay, because there really is no evidence for a Jesus as mentioned in the bible. Furthermore the name Jesus was very common back then, so even finding his name would mean little to nothing as far as the historical person Jesus goes as described in the bible.

Quote:

Fact of the matter is, the ideology was already settled, it just had yet to be completely standardized. And in light of those who wanted to subvert the establishment, it only made sense that they finally did standardize their ideology (though its not like the heretics had THAT much influence anyway).

Lol, they rejected some gospels that had more right being in the bible as others purely judged on their content and those are not just my words. Anyways, I probably lack knowledge to go into this in greater detail, let alone do I know all rejected gospels. Why would you want to standardize supposed truths? It's an act of control trying to influence any standard, wether it was right or wrong is quite irrelevant. It's about the change of content and according to some the ideology wasn't well established at all, why else would they need to standardize it? Apart from that Constantine wasn't the only one 'changing' the ideology,

Quote:

Ok, here's where you seem to bring up the "blind faith" point again. The problem, for you, is that you aren't exempt from this yourself.

Okey, off course you're free to claim so but exactly which part of my view is based upon blind faith then??

Quote:

So, if you want to prove that our "blind faith", or indirect faith as I like to call it, is irrational, all you have to do is come up with millions of transitional fossils.

As the youtube video I posted earlier clearly shows there are more than plenty of transitional fossils, I really challenge you to watch it fully from start untill the end,

Quote:

And yet you believe these organisms still existed at some point.

No, in this case I don't believe these organisms existed, I simply know so because of the evidence found in the fossil record.

One last remark about 'our' evidence, often creationists take outdated information and attack us on that, but the last few decades have provided really a lot of evidence and answers (and also new questions/problems off course),

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software