Quote:

By the way, when it comes to lawsuits, a nice video that talks about lawsuits about God/ID/evolution in classes is this one;

It's a 1 hour and 57 minute long video though, but it's amazingly interesting and also puts forth some very good arguments; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

It was a great presentation: highly entertaining, informative, and so forth. There were many points that seemed to miss their mark, however, so it could have been done better as far as I can see.

Of course, I could quickly create an opposing presentation using material like, "Even if all the data point to an intelligent designer, such an hypothesis is excluded from science because it is not naturalistic." and such, but overall it didn't seem to me that Mr. Miller cared to cater to people of my persuasion to begin with.

Quote:

You probably have this from hearsay, because there really is no evidence for a Jesus as mentioned in the bible. Furthermore the name Jesus was very common back then, so even finding his name would mean little to nothing as far as the historical person Jesus goes as described in the bible.

How do you know any of this? Hearsay? I doubt even that much, because even the Jesus Mythers are willing to acknowledge that there are secular historical references to the existence of Jesus.

Quote:

Lol, they rejected some gospels that had more right being in the bible as others purely judged on their content and those are not just my words.

And again, I'll wait until there is some reasonable evidence that we wrongfully excluded some gospels.

Quote:

Why would you want to standardize supposed truths?

Because, as in science, there are a myriad of viewpoints and if something wasn't established, then even the "crazies" would get their say. I think you should sympathize with this, unless you would rather (as a parallel) that it be easier for YECs and flat-earthers to spread their views on science?

Quote:

It's an act of control trying to influence any standard

As I've already said, nothing was being influenced, this was just a standardization of well-established beliefs.

Quote:

wether it was right or wrong is quite irrelevant.

Then let's open up the debate on evolution to all comers then.

The thing is, if you don't like what the bible says, then choose your own canon. Nothing stopped that one early American president from cutting passages out of his bible.

The church wanted their views standardized to protect against heretics, that's all.

Quote:

It's about the change of content and according to some the ideology wasn't well established at all, why else would they need to standardize it?

To protect against heretics. It really is quite ridiculous to imagine that the church didn't believe anything until the canon came along. The ideology was already pretty well established.

Quote:

Apart from that Constantine wasn't the only one 'changing' the ideology,

Actually, Constantine really didn't have much of a hand in the matter. His side ended up losing the "debate", and in fact his side lost big time. He simply provided the forum for standardization.

Quote:

As the youtube video I posted earlier clearly shows there are more than plenty of transitional fossils, I really challenge you to watch it fully from start untill the end,

I did, and honestly it didn't teach me much of anything new about evolution.

Quote:

No, in this case I don't believe these organisms existed, I simply know so because of the evidence found in the fossil record.

That statement violates the law of non-contradiction. But taking the latter part on its own, you prove my point. You believe it indirectly, based on the evidence that you have.

I'm not attacking evolution on this point, as I think it would be necessary to be an evolutionist and understand that you simply can't have direct evidence for EVERYTHING. My only point is that you can't call out Christians on this point, because we aren't the only ones doing this.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."