Quote:

A7 are directx10 (the vista experiment)
or are compatible with direcxt9 also (xp more computer)
I read the games in some where the vista games need
a rating from one place(I not renember the name) to run (from 2000$ to 3000$, every game)

Executables created for Vista will need to be signed. The process is fairly simple but it's not really cheap, although you can pick up a certificate for $5-700 USD per year. There are many different certifying agencies, and basically they will put you through a bunch of hoops so they can establish that you are who you say you are. Then they send you a key. You take that key and run it through a utility that packages your executable with a valid signature (based on your key) Ever after, when your executable runs, Vista will verify the executable with the certifying agency. What I am not clear on yet is whether it only does that at the first execution, periodically, or every time. Some folks have dial-up and this creates a can of worms. But it not only affects games, it affects all software produced for the PC.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Digital Rights Management! Often referred to as the longest suicide note in history. I program for a medium sized company, so we can easily eat the moderate cost and hassle. We are testing on two Vista machines at this time. But it's going to be hell for Indies I think.

That being said, there are ways to make your exe's run on Vista without the certification, but it requires your user to edit values in his security settings to allow your application to run as a trusted application. This will work for close friends, or a small development team. But to release a game to the public, the only acceptable route is going to be to buy your certification and sign your exe.

b. rgds. T "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger. Are you sure you don't you mean stronger? Yes. Quite sure." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ A6 Commercial Ver 6.5