That makes sense. We've already got our old legacy database development environment on Vista, and the IDE for that one is 16 bit. I didn't think Vista was supposed to handle 16 bit. Even the old .hlp format files are functional. And that tool is not a signed application. Our main app is also installed on Vista and works fine when run locally. It's only while executing modules over a network that we have been recieving content warnings. So it seems like for the time being, all is well in Mudville.

In bringing Vista to market MS has had to back off on a lot of technologies they were pushing hard for, from the new file system to XAML. Hopefully they will find it necessary to take a second look at DRM also.

Here's an interesting BLOG on the subject:
Potential Vista Headaches

While I don't think MS will be doing anything fundementally stupid marketing wise, it does look like they are taking tighter control over the user environment. For Indies it may be a double edged sword. For game engine developers it may be an opportunity.

OK, this should be on the 3DGS and Vista thread. I'll shut up now. LOL

b. rgds. T "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger. Are you sure you don't you mean stronger? Yes. Quite sure." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ A6 Commercial Ver 6.5