Also, the dev industry isn't just programmers, level designers, modellers and the like. It is also beta testers, publishers, business execs, pr, and people who you don't know what it is they actually do. Myself, I was around in the Quake2 modding era and have beta-tested for Atari previously (Most recently was 2004 - Axis and Allies RTS... havn't been an active tester since really).

Anyways, to get myself back onto the topic, your best bet is to follow the advice givin; especially when it is suggested by all the people thus far. Personally, I took one look at your website and closed the window. I didn't even try to navigate the site. It is definitely not professional, and it definitely isn't going to help convince people to come to your cause.

Also, saying that we don't understand the concept isn't a defense, that is an excuse. It is quite possible and very probable that they/we don't understand the concept, so you need to find a means of better explaining it. It was suggested to do up some drawings, and that is a good idea, but you should also look at how you present your information as well. A concise development document that can be shown (With an NDA) to a prospective teammate will go a lot further.

So now, the question is what are you going to do? Are you going to take into account the suggestions that have been givin and apply some of them; or are you going to carry on the way that you are headed? With the way that you are headed, I personally see nothing but failure; and taking our suggestions, that doesn't improve your chances of completing the game very much.

A couple statistics:
95% of all MMO's fail before they even make it to production

Now, another stat:
95% of all large statistics are made up.

Keep your concept, tweak it as needed, refine it down to 1 very simple puzzle and make that. Then Build on it.

Regards,
Ayrus

Last edited by Ayrus; 02/22/07 08:02.

suprised my account is still active....