hey there, iam wondering what you guys think about this. i have a casual game finished pretty soon. its fun to play (at least for me) i developed it during the last 2 years in my sparetime.
now that it comes near 100% completetion iam asking myself if i should email some publishers in order to get the game in the shelves. if i go to a computer market in germany there are a lot worse games there than the one i have developed...

or should i try to publish it myself via the internet worldwide.

or is there a way to combine both ideas?? i know that there will be more sales if the game hits the shelves but i guess i wont see a lot money from that.

i have never ever done it the indy way setting up a website, shop system and publishing the demo at sharewaresites, giving out press releases and so on.

my plan was to, make a website for the game, make a demo with like 7 levels (final will contain 30). but how should i go on.
do some publishers make it the way that they sell the game burned on a cd and on their website and permit me to sell it on my own site too?

how much in % can you request if the game is finished with the installer, manual, onlinescoresystem, website and so on so the publisher has "nothing else" to do than burn the cd, and print the package.

i really dont want to email them now because i have not made up my mind yet. i read that a lot of indy developers make good money with their own model. but i fear that i will totally fail with that idea cause in my mind it has to do with who you know from wich news site.

in other words i want to squeeze out the maximum of my casual game. please add your thoughts here or post if you have some figures similar to those
http://www.gameproducer.net/category/sales-statistics/

greetings