Quote:

another question came to my mind, how am i able to distribute my game to a site like one of those:

http://www.game-sales-charts.com/cms/ind...uery&qid=38

most of the games there have an download once try for 60minutes and buy key feature to unlock the game.

would they even accept to sell my game if its just a demo with like 5 levels to play forever? i know i could email them and ask directly but maybe some of you already have experience.

would that be possible with a6 right now? i know theres such a feature in forecast.

platforms like big fish or real arcade only accept high quality full version games, i won't even consider knocking on their door without a full featured product ready for distribution in my bag pack

try and buy after 60 minutes = DRM for games.
it is possible with the A6 engine right know, we are using the technology and it is working just fine.
stay tuned another week or two and you will see how effective it is...

Quote:

Off course, now it seems to me, you were talking about games that aren't graphically very good or have a huge interesting story, but are still fun to play and often considered as being 'bad' games, right?

we are talkin about bad games. not a about bad looking games but about crappy graphics with crappy gameplay and crappy bugs in it. thats what a bad game is.
we are not talkin about opinions here, it is fact the figures are real. you may say that in your opinion nobody would buy a crappy game on purpose. well, i think you are wrong, but thats not the point. the reasons for buying the game are of no interest to anybody as long as the game is selling. it could be pity for the developers for all i care, it sold 5 times as much as any comparable product, that is what is important.

Quote:

In my experience this totally depends, if money is used to pay higher quality programmers then yes perhaps it will become better, if the money isn't quite used apart from salary for yourself, then chances are the quality level will stay horrible. Not much money can change when you don't use it properly.

more money [spent on the game] means better quality and so your new game will be much better. only to clear that up thats how it is.

Quote:

Nice, what kind of deals can we as developers expect? (it's okey to PM if you like)

bring cookies if you want to sell them!
show me what we can expect and i tell you what you can expect