Quote:

I think that it may be impossible to run to DEDICATED servers on one machine. That may be part of the DEDICATED definition.

No, dedicated just means that you are using that application for server only and not any client functions. It doesn't mean that the machine is dedicated to one application only. God forbid that would be the case! As Blood states and the manual backs up, you should be able to run as many servers as your machine can handle as long as they have unique session_names and ports.

Which is why I think that the problem lies in the way ports are managed in 6.5.xx for acklog_cl states that we find the session_name but no communication is actually established (in my mind, this means it finds the server by it's unique name but can't establish a unique port to talk to it).

This belief is backed up by my finding that if you set the port manually on the server, you need to manually set the port on a client connecting to it but not on the same machine, a fact which is counterindicated by the manual (which clearly states that setting the port on the client has no effect since it finds it automatically).