Hi Pedro,

Your paintball gun its looking awesome and your concept game idea looks really nice and promising. However, if you dont have much experience with 3DGS yet, your task can be very hard, because game development alone can be a really pain in the arss..

In the other hand, if you are convict of your ideas and implementation you will be succeed for sure and of course with the help of this great 3dgs community.

About 3ds max exporting thing, i cant give you 100% formulas because i dont have 3ds max and dont use it, but i can give you some hints i heard, where you can export max to mdl with animation too if needed:

1) In downloads page you have a plugin that export .mdl files from max but its a little outdated and i believe you only can export one texture (a standard diffuse map only), and sometimes it doesnt work, or;

2) There is a .x format exporter for max called Panda .x and then you can import it to MED, or;

3) There is a Ultimate Unwrap3D exporter for max, but then you need to have U3D which isnt expensive and then export to mdl (via U3D exporter), or;

4) There is a program called Deep Exploration (relative expensive software)that can open max files directly (via DCOM), and then export to .x format and then import into Milkshape or Fragmotion, or directly into MED;

Well, probably there are easiest ways to do this so other users can tell you if so.

I hope it helps and good luck with your interesting project !
If you need help just ask.
Cheers.