Quote:

Since this is notably a secular-majority board, I suppose the most obvious reaction will be to parallel this to religion and say this is why religion is bunk.

Well, yes in a way it certainly does. This basically shows the impact of a certain attitude and charisma of one person on a huge group of people. The influence he receives does have it's roots in the existance of other religions and the statement that he's the 'second comming' certainly doesn't make it a less religion-based problem.

Especially the "super raza" part makes this guy scary.

I'd say all in all this is the problem of blind faith, because like the guy says so himself, people don't care if he's a liar and demand no proof. Thát's in my opinion the most scary part and 99.9% of all religions are not free of this problem.

Quote:

"That's where Hispanics are, and then eventually I'm going to find a lot of beautiful English-speaking people who will want to believe in me and I'm going to have millions of them."

I know it's speculation on my side, but I bet he had two of those dollarsigns in his eyes when he said this.

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 03/11/07 00:20.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software