Ok, I'll comment now. I would be very surprised if this guy is THE anti-christ. Though it should be noted that preterists believe the anti-christ has come and gone. I'll leave it to the reader to decide.

Here's why I don't think he's the anti-christ. Number one, I think his influence is being overblown by the media. I suspect that most of the report on him is fluff. But that's just my natural skepticism of popular media at work. I might be wrong.

If you really read what they're saying however, then it appears they aren't saying much. For instance, "Some say he has a following in the millions," could mean that he has a following in the hundreds, and there are only some people who are so awed by him that they claim he has a following in the millions. But whatever.

I will agree that this shows the dangers of blind faith. It also shows a shifting attitude in society. Religion has been marginalized by the recent rise of a humanistic worldview in society, and people are disillusioned with religion. They hunger for something tangible, and I think people have generally grown tired of religion.

Its sad, but this man is really going to get it from God when he has to account for what he's doing. As Jesus said, "But whoever causes on of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Since it appears he's appealing to people who already believe in Jesus, then it doesn't look like things will be going well for him when it comes time for final judgement.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 03/11/07 03:55.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."