Quote:

Besides, changes in texts about multiple Gods instead of one, reincarnation, women's position and origin (rib from adam or not) and for example details about Maria or Jesus's wife and children and what more are rather big changes imho...

I'd need to know specifics. If the "multi gods" thing is referring to Elohim, then first of all, that isn't a change, its still in the text. Secondly, Elohim appears to have a looser general meaning, more akin to our "powers" than it is to "gods".

I've never heard of any textual criticism alleging that any of those things were originally in the bible. Perhaps you can enlighten me? I'd imagine that I would have heard much of the reincarnation crap, since I've talked to reincarnationists, and they didn't have anything worth noting.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 03/23/07 02:03.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."