I'd have to look up some things to come with a more detailed statement as for the actual content of those subjects I've mentioned, but basically it comes down to the fact that for example Constatine has removed whole pages from the bible that dealt with reincarnation.

The multiple Gods thing does not explicitly refer to Elohim, but the word Elohim itself is one of many clues, it really mean Gods as in 'plural of God' and it would make sense within it's context too, or at least it's not like you can derive from the context that it must be one God. The 'power' translation is controversial, many scholars do not think that's what was intended there. There are also people who say that the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and God are actually 3 separate 'Gods' of equal strength so to say. Not sure on which exact biblical phrases they base this though.

About Maria and Jesus' life/wife and children are basically mere rumours, or at least I haven't seen anyone back those statements up with some acceptable evidence. Then again, there is close to zero evidence that the Jesus of the bible even existed, but we've had that discussion already, so I'll leave it be.

As for women, perhaps you know that the church wanted to get the society to move from a matriarchy society (in the Jewish society women are very important) towards a patriarchy society (the man becomes the most important) and thus removed important parts that dealt with women doing extraordinary things (miracles perhaps) or very important events that involved very important women (sorry for the lack of examples here). (The original reason why women used to be very important is because of the fact that they can give birth, making them vital for any society to last long.)

It's also the reason why Jesus as a biblical person got so much attention and became the lead person of Christianity. The church needed this solely to expand their power,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software