Quote:

I don't fully understand your explanation "God brought water up above to the clouds where the clouds hold the water"

i'm no scientist, theologian, and i'm not very well versed in OT Bible stories, so i was going to leave this thread to those who are but i just thought i'd say that i used to go to a Christian school, and one of their textbooks described a supposedly popular Christian theory that God had suspended a layer of water around the Earth's atmosphere, suspended by this "firmament". this layer acted a little like a greenhouse, increasing the Earth's temperature, and evening it out around the world as well. this meant no icecaps, but no global flooding because so much water was above the sky. the world was a lot more humid and vegetation flourished globally.

this also makes the Great Flood story a little more literal where it says something along the lines of "And God opened the doors of heaven" or something like that, when he started the rain. this could be taken to mean he opened the firmament, allowing the waters above it to rain down on the world below it, hence our lack of "firmament" or "sky waters" today.

or at least that's what i read

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!