Quote:

There are several other documents that mention Jesus if you need "non-christian" reading material.

Well, you'd need to check your sources and do some more research, because all that those mention is the surname 'jesus', which was very common back then. According to biblical scholars (!) phrases like '..of nazareth' in certain scriptures about 'sources' were added at a later time(!).

It's a bit like saying you've found a diary of someone called John in the United States and claim it thus must have been John F. Kennedy's. Eventhough even in the very same town where you've actually found it there could have lived many many other Johns...

Quote:

If you do not believe in God and you still guide your life according to the Bible then you will be remembered as a better man.

I think everyone who's sane and relatively normal knows how to live a good life and be a good person and understands all those moral values and ultimately doesn't quite need the bible for all that.

Quote:

Not saying salvation is yours.. just saying that there is nothing wrong with living up to Bible standards as best as possible.

Is it wrong not to believe at all in your opinion? Salvation by the way, is just another uncertain uncertainty of this big list of promises religions in general tend to provide.

Quote:

except that my main gripe is with people who make rather egregious mistakes because they're so wound up about proving the bible is errant, that they can't just admit that not everything they think is an error, actually is an error. But what are you gonna do?

It's tempting to ask for an example, but in your view there probably must be many cases, so I guess this would result in a futile attempt of trying to understand and probably make the entire discussion go right back to square one. Comments like yours are a bit too easy to make without backing them up though,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software