@ Doug

Quote:

I'm not saying that the Bible is bad, but I can't see how you can follow it 100% because

We cant follow it 100%. We can only try our best and hope mercy covers the rest. :-) Keep in mind that the Bible was written by man. Inpired by God of course but man is bound to make errors. Another factor could be the fact that the original scrolls were copied so many different times.. theres no way for it to be perfect unless Gods own hand reached down and made it that way. I am well aware of so many mistakes and contradictions yet I accept that over the years a few things got twisted just a little.

@ PHeMoX

Consider the names you quoted are considered as "pagan" sources. Of course they wouldnt write about miracles. A example is this quote..

Quote:

It has been noted that Suetonius considered Christ (Chrestus) as a Roman insurgent who stirred up seditions under the reign of Claudius

These pagan writers most likely didnt believe that Jesus did anything out of the normal. He may even be dubbed a trouble maker. They in fact prove he existed though. Tell me the name of one person in the world that hates you the most. I'll ask them to describe you and see what they say. Surly not good. And then again, maybe you dont have any enemies at all.

You'll have to elaborate on this one..

Quote:

Josephus, a methodical, accurate and dedicated historian of the time mentions John the Baptist, Herod, Pilate and many aspects of Jewish life but does not mention Jesus.

We are talking about Flavius Josephus right?

18:3:3, "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."

20:9:1, "Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the Sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done;"

I appreciate the decent conversation. ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."