Quote:

but now I am beginning to understand that you just cant get it.

This is starting to get ridiculous and nope I'm not offended. I've done some comparing of sources (in a library), I even quoted a text stating the exact same, I came to a conclusion and suddenly I don't know what I'm talking about or I don't 'get' it? Funny people, seriously.

Quote:

Well at this point I dont expect you to understand the simple logic

To be honest, I don't expect to understand anything based upon pure faith, irrationalism and untruths.

"God can not..." , okey .., that's part of a problem with this. Did you have a conversation with him and ásk what his limitations were or what rules he is bound to? Nope. If it's in the bible, than it must be true? No, as stated many times, the bible's intergrity is questionable at least and even íf the bible is accurate, how could we know it is? So it's legit to question it and demand for evidence.

Okey, so now you say I do not understand something because I do not 'believe', right? Well, that's something I seriously do not comprehend indeed. The difference between believing something and knowing something is something I do understand. When you have faith, you believe something to be true without evidence. Infact, 'believing' something is very close to 'wishing something to be true' on the emotional level.

'Knowing' something on the other hand is a tad more serious (you can actually prove it) and there's a lot about what you 'believe' (but in reality kind of imply to 'know' because you 'believe' ( -> that's essentially what you've blamed me from not to and thus I 'wouldn't understand') ) that's simply not known.

I hope you'll understand my problem with your logic.

Quote:

So therefore God cannot make sure we would believe in Him--it is contrary to the definition of 'believe'.

Okey, so God according to you wants us to believe, but he obviously doesn't wants us to know, eventhough he could. Well then, please consider the following:

If someone tells you something and you have no reason to trust that person because you don't know anything about that person, would you still 'believe' in what they are saying as being the truth ?? Infact, you hear something about another person fróm another person who has written something in a book, two persons you don't know and also two persons for whom you have no reason to believe in that what they are saying in true and not made up. Infact, you've got some evidence and knowledge that sheds some serious doubts onto what they are saying. It's really no option to 'believe in them anyway', at least not without some superserious doubts, remarks ánd questions that need answers before believing anything.

Moral of the story? In my opinion religious people base their beliefs on something they call 'knowledge' which is not based upon evidence so technically it's no knowledge at all, but still claim it to be exactly that. Ultimately if you want to convince someone, you have to come up with rather good reasons for them to 'believe' in you. First and foremost you have to gain their trust, second you've got to provide evidence and third you'll have to proof others are wrong. None of this is provide by God, so God doesn't want us to know, nor believe in him.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software