Just to be clear on my points:

I do not expect an upgrade to A7 for free.
Getting a testversion is not important to me.
I started out with A5 standard, moved on to Commercial and then ended up buying the PRO version (can't recall if it was A6 or still A5 ... it's been sooo long).

I was merely inquiring about so-called pre-release pricing. This is something that is not uncommon. A company offers a new version for a special price NOW, to be delivered in, let's say, JULY. The company gets some working cash, the user gets a special price.

For example, I just purchased a pre-release upgrade of a 3D modelling application for 99$ that will cost 149$ afer it has been officially released.

I'm not asking for free lunches - just some free icing on my 3DGS-cake !

Many of us "old time users" have seen 3DGS evolve and were happy to support Conitec's efforts. Especially A6 has offered a very good basis for producing good quality 3D-applications (games, visualizations etc.). I'm looking forward to upgrading to A7 sometime in the future, but also have to admit that a special deal would have been nice (and please don't argue that the current upgrade scheme is such a "special deal" ... it has been Conitec's standard upgrade policy ... it's good ... it's standard for Conitec... therefore nothing special - in sense of "out of the ordinary").

Cheers,
Andreas