How is this gonna work for a 80-100 model scene? Is the user going to have to export 2 models for every model in the scene? Afterwards, would the code just be able to red the uvcoords thru a script? I think the workflow would be very hampered if you have to go into MED to get the uvcoordinates for every model... maybe have the models used for retrieving uv coords have a special tag in front of them, like "uv_chair.mdl". When the script runs it takes "chair.mdl" for the base, grabs the extra coords from a model with "uv_" in front of the original model name, then applies it. If the "uv_" model doesn't exist, then it just uses the original uv parameters for both texture 1 and 2.

I ask this question because workflow is one of the most important aspects of developing a game. The typical workflow I use for a level goes something like this:

Create scene in Max.

Export Scenes models into a folder with Max2MDL.

Export models positions via Max2GS.

Build in WED.

If one were to use a second uv set. Mabye like this:

Create scene in Max. Bake lighting into a separate Map Channel.

Export Scenes models into a folder with Max2MDL using map channel #1.

Export Scenes models into a folder meant to hold uv models only, only this time using map channel #2.

Export models positions via Max2GS.

Build in WED.

Let the script do the rest of the work, without having to use MED.

I'm not sure how mabyenew would go about this, i'm interested if theres anyway to speed up the changing everything to map channel #2 in max part?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/