All my first post said was that indie's with really no money shouldnt make shaders and normal mapping a priority for their games , i.e. looking at viva pinata , and thinking , wow , thats a nice style , i guess I need a normal mapping shader, a bloom shader , a parallax mapping shader , an HDR shader , and so on , and work on that just to later on realize , hey wait , what about a game to put all this garbage to use on. Thats how most gamestudio users operate , see something they like , spend time finding out how it's done , spend a ton of time trying to get that working on gamestudio , and sometimes , when they actually get it to work on gamestudio , all that follows is a tiny demo of a shader or whatever working in a 1 room level , and thats it , no game. LOL. We have successfully added normal mapping shader , couple water shaders , terrain shaders , bloom shader , hdr shader , and a ton of extra post processing ones someone was very kind to donate , as well as Matt's incredible contribution , SPHERE , and there's STILL NO GAME. LOL . That was why I was replying , sure , it's possible to replicate viva pinatas shaders on gamestudio if one tries hard enough , but then thats all you will have , a bunch of working shaders , just like you already have a working engine , and again , no decent game to use this nice stuff one. It should work the other way around , have a game idea , then create a full design document stating every detail of the game , from looks to gameplay to everything , then visualize how the game should look , and once all that is done , figure out how you can make it look the way you want it to , and get to work. Then again , this is the shaders forum , so the question from the poster fit the criteria , but my comment was only a comment , and directed to him , not you Frank , yet you felt like you should say something to me about my comment rather than comment on the posters question , so I think if anyone is breaking the rules it's you. Btw , it's hilarous for you to be reporing this to a MOD . LOL LOL LOL LOL. Yes it's that funny , that you have to turn to mommy and daddy to protect you from my posts.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 04/12/07 09:57.