Quote:

I too don't remember the holocaust having anything to do with Christians causing it. Where are you coming from with this?

I didn't mean to say Christianity has been responsible for the Holocaust per say, that probably would be wrong, it's moreso that it has been a 'tool of control' throughout the rise of the nazis and the Holocaust is simply the most evil thing they ever did. There are people saying Churches actually preached anti-Antisemitism back then.
There are many many Muslims who say suicide bombers are not real Muslims, compare it to that, but ask any suicide bomber and they'll tell you they are infact true Muslims.

Basically this is were I was coming from:

Hitler wanted to establish a new religion, with himself as the prophet. Felix Kersten, Himmler's confidante, found a variety of religious books in Himmler's library, and Himmler explained to him " I am to prepare a new Nazi religion. I am to draft the new Bible, the Bible of the faith.... The Fuhrer has decided that, after the victory of the Third Reich, he will abolish Christianity throughout Great Germany, and establish the faith on its ruins. The latter will preserve the idea of God, but it will be very vague and indistinct. The Fuhrer will replace Christ as the savior of humanity. Thus, millions and millions of people will say only Hitler's name in their prayers, and a hundred years from now nothing will be known but the new religion, which will endure for centuries."

Sure, because they lost, part of this never reached that state they wanted, but fact is Christianity was used (abused). I agree with anyone saying that this may not have much to do with Christianity itself, but if they'd won the war it would have been dramatically different. It's not just the ideology, it's also the method of (in)direct control through religion.

Another quote:

"The degree, in which the Bystander Nations (Christians) helped the Nazis, determined the Jewish survival rate. Judging from the dismal survival rate, especially in Eastern Europe, the Germans received extensive cooperation from the Bystander Nations."

Quote:

I really hope you aren't simply basing your spiritual life or understanding off of what people claim.

I understand what you mean, but you can't ignore they were people like you and me calling themselves 'Christians'. One way or the other, it's about their ideology driving them to act.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software