Quote:

I'm glad you don't want to kill, but maybe you should, because the koran says to do it.

Quote:
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme"
( Koran 8:39 )

Now that word - UNTIL - is a time frame. Is the world muslim now? No, it is not, so you are supposed to kill and make war until that happens.

1) In Leviticus 25:44-46, the Lord tells the Israelites it's OK to own slaves, provided they are strangers or heathens.
2) In Samuel 15:2-3, the Lord orders Saul to kill all the Amalekite men, women and infants.
3) In Exodus 15:3, the Bible tells us the Lord is a man of war.
4) In Numbers 31, the Lord tells Moses to kill all the Midianites, sparing only the virgins.
5) In Deuteronomy 13:6-16, the Lord instructs Israel to kill anyone who worships a different god or who worships the Lord differently.
6) In Mark 7:9, Jesus is critical of the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as prescribed by Old Testament law.
7) In Luke 19:22-27, Jesus orders killed anyone who refuses to be ruled by him.

So, what's your point?

I'm not claiming I've read the bible. This is the first results I got from searching google for "bible promotes violence". Now I'm sure, these were all probably taken out of context, or they could probably mean something less literal, but couldn't it be the same case for the Koran?

I normally don't get in the middle of religious conversations, but Hellcrypt is a friend of mine and I find your behavior towards him to be provoking, prejudiced, and quite honestly, lame. Not everyone shares the same opinions you do, and you shouldn't mock his religion, regardless if he's practising it or not. How would you feel if i'd mock christianity instead by... say i don't know... doing jesus dress up maybe?

I don't want to judge you RanMan because i don't know you, but your post above doesn't remind me any of Jesus teachings at all. I don't want to think that you're representing a model behavior of your religion, or i'm going to lose any respect I have for Christian people altogether.

You don't have to, but I think you owe Hellcrypt an apology

Yours,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!