Quote:

I understand what you mean, but you can't ignore they were people like you and me calling themselves 'Christians'. One way or the other, it's about their ideology driving them to act.

Yeah, that was the point I was trying to get across. You'll find many nutcases claiming to be Christian, and all sorts of things, all the time throughout history. It's obvious that real Christians could have absolutely no part in the cause of the holocaust as Jesus is Jewish.

Does this mean your not a Christian if you are anti-semantic? Possibly. However, racism is one of many problems in the world, alongside jealousy, perversion, violence, ect. For some people it just pops up now and then, a somewhat recurring problem in their lives but in truth their just being spontaneous with it, and usually try to act better. For others, they like to act on it, and always have a hardened heart full of hatred towards certain peoples. You'd think this latter group would have a hard time calling themselves Christian? Not always, unfortunately, but if you understand anything about the new Testament and the such, you'll be able to distinguish between people who "claim" and people who are.

I really don't have any facts on the actings of Islam, as I never read the Koran top to bottom, and am not going to base my facts off of what others say. But what I can say is that usually a religion or ideology is measured on what it produces. In Canada, those who I know that are Muslim are nice people, usually keep to themselves, and don't create no problems(usually less than those who aren't as Muslims they don't drink alchohol, and refrain from partying).

But what troubles me is all this violence around the world "in the name of Islam". I believe Matt's right and oppression is probably a cause in this as well, but perhaps there are some areas of the Koran that really are quite hard to translate. I see it this way because of the seemingly split Muslim community. It's almost as though there are Canada/U.S Muslims, and then the rest of the world Muslims.

In the end, this can worry some a bit, especially for those in my age group. If there was ever a large scale war from this(Iran + nukes mabye?), guess who would be conscripted?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/