Quote:

Show me how how many Christians live in the same miserable conditions as the the Phalestinians in the strip of Gaza

Just go to Mexico or the Phillipines, Africa, South America, Romania, there are plenty of christians living in third world conditions. It's totally wrong to assume that Christian = North American / European and wealthy. (that doesn't stop the pope from sitting atop a castle of gold)

BY the way, bush calls himself a christian, but he's a methodist-- which is actually a very "christianity lite" kind of church-- in fact the methodists are pretty chill compared to others -- Bush plays up the christian thing to appeal to southern baptists. It's all about the post-Goldwater "southern strategy" to attract southern baptists, who will always vote for the candidate who plays up the sensationalist christian issues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Republicans weren't like that before Reagan.

Hellcrypt I am with you on this, by the way. There is a climate of ignorance and prejudice driven solely by fear and xenophobia in America, and it makes me so mad. Islam is a beautiful religion practiced by a highly ethical, introspective and devout people, with a discipline that I find admirable. I have never met a Muslim I did not like (and having lived in NW London, I met many).

It's so stupid and myopic to identify an entire religious group with a very small minority whose actions are questionable. If you want to talk about murderers, we American taxpayers have more blood on our hands than the sum total of people killed in suicide bombings. Then there's also the Irish religious conflict and the bombings going on there.