Quote:

I agree that there are things that we can never grasp with our logical brain
but why do you need the concept of God to explain all this ?..

The universe is like a finly tuned machine. Each aspect works in perfect harmony. Life on earth, the human body.. you think this happened by chance? It is easier to believe tat we have a creator then it is to believe otherwise.

Quote:

and if you say that you need something to create others then who created God ?..back to square one

Exactly my point. You cannot comprehend that time has no limits. Your brain doesnt work that way. We can say "infinate" yet we cannot imagine it. We cannot see how God has always been because we cannot get past the time part of it. To us there must be a beginning and end of everything because thats all we know.

Ok, I'll stop rambling. ;-) You cannot figure out God. None of us can but I do know He exists.

Another way I look at it is like so: If you are right then me and you both have nothing to lose. Life ends and we poof and simply do not exist anymore. But what if I am right? I will hopefully move on to a better place while you as a non believer may be in a bit of trouble. :-) I choose to believe, with all my heart.

Off topic a little but here is the closest I have come to seeing a mental picture of eternity:

If a man chooses to not believe and lives a life full of sin, he is damned to hell. So this day the man starts to burn because of the hatred and many bad things in his life. Now imagine a solid steel ball. A very large one.. about the size of our planet. Shiny, perfectly round. One man sits on the very top of this ball. In his hand he has a feather. He is very slowly brushing the feather on the steel ball. So heres my thought.. the ball is the same size as the earth and the feather is slowly rubbed against one small spot beside the man. By the time it takes that man to brush a hole completely through the steel "planet" to the other side.. even then eternity would just be getting "started" for that man in hell.

Turn your stove on and let the burner get so hot that it turns a glowing red. Now place your finger tip to it and hold it there for 60 seconds. The pain would be unbelieveable. Imagine your whole body consumed in flames with no way to escape for all eternity.

I choose to believe. I serve God because I want to. The Bible is the greatest book ever written. Jesus Christ died for us. The commandments of God can only make your life better. If all of that is not a good enough reason to change your ways then the thought of hell should surly wake you up.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/18/07 22:12.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."