I've never seen this discussed before here, but I think it's appropriate to ask an inquiry or start a discussion about raising capitol to fund game (and other 3dgs media) projects.

No one works for free, especially nowadays, and finding those who do work for the experience that are any good is as rare as cougar-rand gold in Greenland.

So I'd like to strike up a discussion about how people who are going strong with their projects are keeping their mercinary programmers and artists financially pleased, and funding their marketing campaigns and production.

What kind of figures are you spending? Where/to who did you go to get the necesary funding? How did you sell your project as worthy of financing?

This, I feel, would be an important discussion to further advance the base of knowledge here for newcomers, and those, like myself, having trouble breaking into the art, due to ignorance in this respect.

(<--- That's right, ICEman admits ignorance. Take a picture, it'll last longer than my humble will ).

I'd like to know some of this information myself. I refuse to let my current baby, SkySpace, die. It's only needs.. some bit of money to get underway, according to my latest estimates, but I havent the faintest clue where to go about getting it.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.