@jetpack..

... Eh.. I made a concerted effort to use the right word. Oh well, you know what I meant .

@ ulf

What I plan to develop isn't quite a game (only in the sense that its not "playable", though it is interactive).

However, my main reason for needing capital is to develop it, as I have'nt seen more than a handful fo developers willing to build it and have faith that it'll sell.

Because it's not a game, I am confident it would, but I could explain the concept of SkySpace till I was blue in the face, and still not be able to sell a programmer or leveler enough to help me build it, let alone 2 or 3 of each so that it doesnt take a year to build.

I imagine, and have thus far been right to assume, that the only way I'd be able to keep them long enough is with financial incentive. And probably a decent bit of it.

What I'm building now has two main bodies in its cost analysis.. the labor and marketing. Marketing is straight forward. This particular item will need heavy exposure volume of exposure would be direc/prop to volume of sales... just like every other impulse item.

I know when and where to put the birdie, marketing wise, but I have to build the software first.. I can't do that without developers.. hence the return to the beggining of this vicious cycle... acquiring the funds to pay the troops to build the bridge that leads to progress on SkySpace.

Mind you, if you saw the design, you'd see the revenue far outweighs the cost, but even on paper, I struggle to imagine the development team that's eevr been sold on solid concept alone.

Or at least I have yet to encounter them. So my contingent is to become able to speak plenty of their language: money.

I've come to the understanding I dont havta like em, we dont havta walk hand in hand.. or have the same dream.. I just need to be able to speak dollar to em ( while not being a bunghole boss) and I'llg et things done.

Hence my inquiry as to how some of you got working.

Last edited by ICEman; 04/20/07 18:29.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.