Quote:

I'd get a master's degree.

Depending on the industry, a masters degree may or may not be an advantage. In general, jobs of a theoretical nature -most notably, teacher- or professions where entry is restricted -doctor, lawyer- will benefit from higher, formal education. Also, students graduating with higher degrees will have an advantage at the outset of their careers. Beyond that, you can't fake skill, so five years into your career you could find yourself in a higher income bracket than others with better paper credentials.

IT doesn't, as yet, have particularly tough entry requirements. In some cases you don't even need a bachelors degree. I would recommend a bachelors in any case. It isn't even vitally imortant what subject it is in, just as long as you have one. Higher positions, foreign visas and other opportunities may be barred to people without a four year degree (any subject okay).

If you want to raise capital, at least make sure you spell it correctly in your proposal (Capitol-sic), and demonstrate that you are capable and trustworthy.

It is very rare that an employer has asked to actually see my qualifications. Only once for a job, and once for a visa.

Last edited by A.Russell; 06/05/07 13:56.