I don't believe in God, because rationally and physically I don't think a God can really exist.

God usually is the answer to a lot of unanswered questions, well, that's not a got reason to believe in a God, nor does it make sense if you say 'it was God' every time you don't have an answer to a question.

Apart from the fact that there's really no supporting evidence, you can't really prove the concept based upon events in life. It's perfectly legit to demand some evidence before believing some ancient 'fairytale' for all we truly know. I'm also by far not convinced that the Bible is historical when it comes to most of the stories, quite the contrary actually. I also know that in Christianity and other religions they use the same methods of 'indoctrination', the same psychological tricks to convince people. Well, in short; I don't trust people who want to trick me into believing something, or say I would end up in hell otherwise. I mean, seriously, what kind of reasoning is that? You must believe in something you do not yet believe in otherwise you'll end up in something I also do not yet believe in. Riiiight, next ...

Besides, look around you, in great parts of the world people are living in such bad conditions and they sure as heck do not get help from anything supernatural, nor do I think that they all 'deserve' the lives they have. On the opposite side of things, when I look in my close vicinity I've got plenty of friendships, joy and love in my life, so it's also not true that you have to believe in order to 'receive' a nice life or something. (again, not a reason for which I would believe in a God in the first place, but at least we can all conclude that there's no such thing as a 'supernatural santa claus'.)

Most religious people I've talked to were mostly very unhappy with their lives. Not sure what I can conclude out of that, but some are really really envious and a lot of people that call themselves Christians can't actually be trusted and do not practice what they preach (7+ years of experience with this).

I'm also not believing in God, because, when in doubt, I usually go with what I do know, and that's the fact that evidence is non-existing. When there are no clues, no shred of evidence, no indirect indications that anything supernatural controls this world, well, sorry, but then I simply can't believe in God even if I wanted to.

Quote:

its better than saying im not going to even keep an open mind because there isnt incredible solid evidence

I'm not going to attack your opinion, because everyone may believe in what they wish, but what makes you think non-believers do not keep an open mind? Usually I think it's the other way around, people are so stuck in their religious belief that nothing else, even proof of the exact opposite of their beliefs, would convince them. Not quite an open mind, right? Again, nothing personal, I just hear this statement often,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software