Quote:

Well I dont think anyone really answered Spike's question except for jcl and perhaps Spike himself....

I answered the question, and it is the only possible correct answer. JCL's answer is flawed because it implies that desire should influence assumption.

I dont believe in God (or gods) because there is no reason to do so. Nothing in the experience of life indicates that there is a supernatural supreme being. In fact all the evidence of observation reveals only natural processes. That doesn't disprove the existence of God, but you can't you disprove anything like this..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my opinion of God (which is irrelevant to the quesiton of belief):

If a supposed supreme being chose to reveal itself, I wouldn't be particularly interested in "worshipping" it, or "loving" it. Why would I? I would basically tell it to go jump in the lake because it is irrelevant to me. it amazes me that poeple care so much about God.. what good what it do you? What good is Heaven? What do you do there?

It's just not interesting, and frankly anyone who really wants this to be true is intellectually dull.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.