Quote:

I think sex before marriage is profane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think of it as exercise and preview, because to be honest I'd hate divorce probably as much as you do.

On the more serious side though, sex should be something special between lovers, so ideally no one-night stands, still nobody's perfect I guess,

Right, well the reason I think its profane is because I think that sex is literally getting to know someone the best you can ever possibly know someone on earth(except possibly being contained in someones womb). When you have sex with someone, you are seeing them closer, seeing them more intimately than any other way. So you are actually going into their "sacred" areas(if you will allow me to use the word "sacred" to apply to humans). So to see, know and feel someone that close, and then to walk away from them without the lasting committment of lifelong marriage to me is to committ a tresspassing on "sacred" ground. Thats why I consider it profane if it is outside the confines of marriage.

Before I was a Christian I had sex before marriage, but I regret it because they take a peice of me with them wherever they go, and I take a "piece" of them. I think sex is to "become one" with another, then when you walk away from that person you are tearing the bond apart. It is profane.

Even if you "think" you are in love. However people dont realize that true love will stay and committ, it is not only when you have "nice feelings" about someone. True lovers committ to each other and will stay together even when things become very difficult.

I am glad I have been married for 13 years, and I am happier every year.

As I said I wouldnt hate someone because they have sex before marriage, but I think it is destructive. And I think that you could find yourself in a situation where you no longer even know what love is, which is a tragic situation.