Quote:

I'm not going to call out a person for doing something wrong if it isn't hurting anyone, because it is only going to cause resentment, it will not be received as it is intended. If they are hurting another person through their action, I will likely call it out in attempt to stop it, not in attempt to save them from their own action. I can't save them from their own action, much less convince them it is wrong unless they believe in morality on an equal footing. If I can argue it without the bible, I may attempt to convince them, but if it requires belief in an absolute moral system- it's a waste of time to try. For example, there is no way to convince someone that sex before marriage is wrong without using the
Bible

I understand your point. You cant really convince anyone of anything, and I dont try, Im not talking about just going up to people and preaching at them. It never happens that way. For me I keep quiet untill someone insists on talking about it. They have some kind of leftist liberal political opinion or some opinion about Christians and they start blabbing it out at work or school or something. Well since last time I checked I was in America I think I have just as much a right to offer my humble opinion as they do.

So yeah, I understand what you mean that Christians shouldnt just go around approaching people telling them that they are going to hell, but in all my years I have rarely EVER seen a Christian that behaves so badly. The vast majority of this usually occurs when some one brings up the subject at work or on_a_forum, then guess what? There is such thing as free speech, and all Im saying is that Christians can say what they want, and they dont have to water down their beliefs or refuse to say them just because they think the world might dissapprove.

But Im really happy about what your saying and I agree with you probably 98% of it. You have to remeber that I have seen you personally progress from a tight fisted conservative Christian to a liberal rebellious Christian and now you seem to be finding some middle ground, which I think is great. And of course we all have a lot of respect for you intelligence and programming skills. So I was a little worried about the possibility that you might have hung around NArdulus too long. LOL.

Last edited by NITRO777; 05/10/07 19:57.