Quote:

As a relativist I believe there is, but apparently not in your book so to say, that's okey.

Well in the statement above I was just talking about for me personally there is no such thing as neutral, I just am an all or nothing type of guy.

But for an example you already dont believe in Christianity, that kind of makes you un-neutral on the issue. I know that you admit the possibility of a God if one could be proved, yet Christianity does not need the proof, so therefore you are against Christian belief. Does that make sense?

In other words in your "waiting for evidence" you are already un-neutral with regards to the literal Christian faith because the Christian faith does not wait for evidence. If you cant understand that, I dont know if I personally will be able to get it through to you.

I have an idea for you, and for others who seem a little agnostic or materialistic. Why dont you try to take inventory on what you DO know.

1)You dont know if God exists(though you believe the evidence is against it)
2)You dont know if Christianity is correct(though you do know that you are disliking it)

What DO you know? And by "know", I am talking about what you "know" as an absolute, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

1) You know that you exist.
2) You know that I exist.

OK. Now we are getting somewhere, we have found a common ground to agree upon. What else do we both know?

1)We know that I am a Christian.

What useful knowledge is this? This is useful knowledge because it lets you forget about history, about religion, about Christianity, about Jerry Falwell, about America or about George Bush.

Now it is only me. I believe all of those horrible Christian ideals, yet I dont hate you, I dont want you to go to hell, I dont hate you because you are from the Netherlands, Im not a racist, I dont want to take your oil or your land or your freedom, I dont want to wage war on you.

So what does this exersize do? It humanizes these dynamic political and religious forces around you. It makes them smaller. It makes the problems more real. Why? Because all of this stuff, all of these topics, and all of these debates boil to down to nothing but you and the people you are surrounded by at that moment. Not all the peoples of earth throughout history, but only you and those that are with you at the moment,.. right now.

So thats what you have to ask yourself, if you hate Christianity, you hate me. Dont look at what you hear about the world. You should only look at what YOU KNOW, because everything else...just about everything else is based upon opinion and most opinion has two sides to it, and a lot of lies. A LOT of lies, but the truth only exists in what you know, and what you know as an absolute.

So I wouldnt get frustrated with religion, and I wouldnt hope people die, or wish that religion was gone. All of those forces are beyond our control, we can only affect our little world.

As children Christians are taught to "let their light shine" in a dark world. And it is true for adults also. If Christianity has disillusioned you you must take it up with me, and take it up with the Christians you know and it is our job to represent it correctly. A job which most of us take very seriously.

I am Christianity to you the same way that you represent your beliefs to me. I judge your beliefs based upon you, right now, and that is all I can do because we all are the products of our beliefs.

Quote:

Real demons, with teeth and horns?

Its not any harder to believe than an invisible God.