@taratoga

I cannot see any relevant lines in your log that could explain a crash.

Keep sure that your downloaded FMOD dll is in the same folder of the samples. If you use the bat files, everything should be fine, because the sample folder is in your GS folder (I hope I can make soon a release with EXEs, this way sucks and could be too complicated for most users).

@OrangeBrat

I think you will like the effects functions which I will start to implement in a week or so

@Phemox

Yes, this is true; although your argument is'nt strong in my eyes. I will explain this:

Most users are just satisfied to play with cool sound effects, assumed that they are even interested in advanced sound effects/processing/ect. A lot of "finished" demos/games are free and some are even open source. In these cases FMOD is free - you have nothing to pay!

"Because some developers are single hobbyist programmers, or sell at an extreme low price-points with no distribution except through a website, and no expectations of high sales that could warrant or recoup the price of a normal product/site license, the 'shareware/budget' license option has been created."

... which is ONLY 100 US $!!! (PC only)

So, I guess, MOST finished games here tend to be SMALL games done by ONE or SMALL sized teams which won't receive high sales.

So there is a potent user basis here and I guess _in the case_ of producing a really good title which is to be expected to produce a lot of cash, the FMOD license fee will be paid by your publisher (which is common!)- or you try to fund it .. if it is such a good game you will skim off profit that will fill the gap of that FMOD license fee.

The FMOD 3 (which is being accessed by my DLL, it doesnt support FMOD EX (but will in the future - maybe)) license fee is 3000$ for one product on one platform. I know only 2 potential gamestudio titles which have the potential to gain high sales in the future (they are announced yet), of which one will use the FMOD technology.

There is always open source technolgy.. you can use irrKlang, for example - if you like.

Last edited by HeelX; 06/03/07 17:34.