Quote:

Quote:

Now this is a question I have been afraid to ask for months, as still now I thought it was really my fault...

Where are the GXL2DX9 Dlls ?

Since the beginning of time, I've had only the following libraries (even in 6.60 pvt/public beta):

gxl2bas32.dll
gxl2basdx9.dll
gxl2basdx9a.dll
gxl2dx8a.dll <-- the only that really supports level lighting and other dx stuff
gxlBase.dll
gxlbase32.dll

The Beta page says something about gxl2dx9 and gxl2dx9a libraries and its improved features over gxl2dx8a, but I can't remember any release that distributes them. gxl2basdx9/a dlls seem to support only basic features.

This is not really an issue because I don't miss the dx9 features (since I don't KNOW them) but now I really wanted to try them.

Emilio

Download the MED from lite-C page, install it and copy the gxl2basdx9.dll and gxl2basdx9a.dll to Gstudio6 folder, you will have lighting support in WED, and fix skin rendering in MED.

But the blue tint problem still there.....

I just wonder why JCL not put the latest dll in public beta. The old dll is a fault, and the new one does not contain any A7 features I think.

I copied those two dlls and after checking on Level Lighting and then checking on the Level Lights box the blue tint problem disappears. I also have the sun and ambient boxes checked on, and the blue only returns if the level sun or level lighting boxes are unchecked. If both are checked and level ambient is unchecked, the blue does not return. However, the 3D view is still way too slow to use, but it's nice to have finally figured out a way to get rid of that blue.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links