Two things always bugged me with 3DGS and kept me looking elsewhere, performance and lack of mesh lightmapping.

Performance gets better with LOD, in comparison to other engines I've used, they do alot better on the performance side but lack 3DGS' "easy to script and put together a game" feature. Unless you want to fork out the $$$ for a really expensive engine which would beat all 3DGS' features...

A6's bsp has slow rendering, is hard to work with and very tedious to texture. Throwing together mesh levels and uv mapping them is so EASY. to be able to throw my level into giles and export its smooth lightmapping into 3DGS...Now I feel like I could make Twilight Princess in 3DGS...that's a nice feeling. *thinks of creating a TP level in 3DGS* *good feelings*

Ventilator has done something no one else has easily done, WED is supposedly going to have stable lightmapping, with WED lights affecting mesh surfaces. However unless this feature is implemented and robust with no bugs...I'm much more inclined to use a plugin like ventilators which is very stable, works with no strings attached.

So far, from what I understand, this is the only way to get lightmapped meshes into 3DGS (that isn't baked and we all know baking isn't great). This is the first of it's kinda, been desired and needed for years.

What Ventilator has done for the 3DGS community through this plugin, I am very grateful for. $20 is very cheap. I really believe this plugin deserves alot of PR, it completes 3DGS for me.