Quote:

The new version is taking longer than originally forcasted. And that's basically it.

This kind of reminds me of when there was that long gap between A6 versions (over a year). Lots of people were complaining, Conitec was remaining eerily silent, and I was chiming in every once in a while saying I bet there's a good reason for it (and I recall giving potential examples). Not long ago, Doug posted regarding that delay, and it turns out there was a good reason. Between that old A6 version and the one that eventually came out, we basically got a brand new engine, and it turns out that most users didn't or still don't even realize it. Not only were they overhauling the collision engine for the 2nd time (c_instructions take 2), but they were rewriting (according to Doug) everything or at least a huge amount of it.

I told ya so.

Anyway, for all of the BV users, keep the faith. Unless the developers post that it's dead in the water then keep the faith.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links