I'll do some quick translating then, you're right, since this is explicitly about what Americans believe, it would be better to also hear from Americans themselves what they believe in.

Hold on.

DwX:

Can there be evolution? (or: Does evolution exist? )
Because evolution is an infinite thing, it does seem to fit.

A lot of Americans are confident there has never been something like Evolution, instead according to the God has created this world.

The creation theory is being taught in American schools as one of the possible starts (of life, universe etc.).
If you ask me, that's mad

---
JCL:

It's not thát bad. Though it's true that to this day about 45% of the Americans (still) believe that the world was created in 6 days and that Astronomy, Physics and Evolution are nonsense. But 10 years ago it was still 60%. And because of the outcome of a recent lawsuit the creation theory may not be taught on American schools as a Science anymore.

---
Blattsalat:

If God needed 6 days for Creation, then he can't be allmighty in other words he's bound to 'labor agreements'.
In both cases this damages the overall image.

The difference is really between believing and knowing. Creationists believe in the Creation theory, the not-Creationists know that it has been Evolution.

---
Mercuryus:

How much time does such a day take for "God"?
"God" must have more than 4 dimensions - time must be quite trivial...

---
der Omega:

"How much time does such a day take for "God"?
"God" must have more than 4 dimensions - time must be quite trivial... "

Good point ^^

---
JoGa:

hm, well. I think the question is a bit vague.
Does Evolution exist?
Yes and no.
Yes, because Evolution exists, that is the development within species. (Wolf to Shepperddog )
No, because I believe there can't be trans-species evolution. ("Fish" to land animal. In my opinion not even the million of years can change this.)
I believe the contrary is happening. Instead of species that develop further and further I think there's 'degeneration'(?) and 'destruction' happening.

At least when looking at the years when humans where around. I think we can see that humans become less and less resistant to diseases, dirt and pollen (more allergic).

Amongst my own friends 20-25 years of age there are less allergic people than amongst my girlfriend's friends (15-18 years).
In my 'circle of people I know' some have Hay Cold, they have all kinds of allergies, like; Milk-, Nut-, Soja-, House Dust- and Bean-allergies.
Off course I do not exclude the possibility that there once was "Evolution", but I see a possible divine cause as very plausible and logical, when you look at the complexity of Nature as something that started fully by itself regulated through Evolution.

To create order you'll need a higher Intelligence than Chaos would result in, or what? (in other words; Order isn't possible to have come from Chaos.)

When I think about my own house without me (the higher intelligence that would clean up the mess) then the house would become ever more dirtier.
Okey, not a very complex example. I think it's better for me to go to sleep now or else I will be writing [censored] without end.
Still, back to my house: a better example would be the Shepperddog. Do you think it has "developed itself" without human interference (the higher Intelligence)? Hardly, the wolf is still a wolf, but because of the human interference and the selectional breeding it became a Shepperddog.

---

Hope this'll do.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software