Yes I understand what you mean and while I dont know the Erasmus / Luther discussion about predestination I know that Luther had a lot other wrong ideas, for instance he was antisemitist. But he was a fallible human so who cares today about some of his strange ideas? This does not make his other ideas wrong.

The bible was written by hundreds of authors and some had strange ideas about killing women and children, does this make the bible wrong? No, the bible is just meant to give us insight not only in God but also in human thinking of that time.

The wrong interpretation is to confuse the intentions of its writers with the intentions of God. If you mix both you just make God a human, and not a very good one. But God can be clearly understood from the bible and if you read it right you can see the difference between divine ideas and human thinking. The bible contains both divine and human parts and this is right so because religion also consists of divine and human parts. If you neglect any part you misunderstand the bible and if you neglect the divine part totally and see only the human part, you end up with such a bizarre misinterpretation like NITRO77.