Quote:

And it is funny, that many atheists are taking this false belief at face value, when they also confuse God with the Bible, claiming, that there can be no God, because the people, who lived thousands of years ago were unable to deliver a simple "user manual" of eternal value.

Well, it's not so much about the bible as a user manual, but more so about descriptions of events which either can't have happened or simply contradict other events. This is both confusing and suspicious, because obviously they can't both be right.

If the bible is wrong about a lot of things, why would it still be right about God? Why would it still be right about Jesus? I think those two questions are perfectly fine to ask when indeed you notice flaws in a scripture people claim is 'the one and only truth'.

I think that although most atheists indeed tend to take both the bible and god in one hand, that we do understand that it's not entirely the same.

Still if all Christians at one point say, 'okey fine, you've proven the Bible is wrong or at least has many errors and some big contradictions', then they will still say 'ha, but ya didn't really disprove our God!'.
In my opinion eventhough they're right in saying this, all they really are doing is back paddling, desperately trying to hold on to something ...

I think ID is a good example of were that kind of behavior leads to.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software