Quote:

Try to imagine, you´re a prophet and live in 900 BC and all your tribesmen have just escaped from the stone-age, you probably will not discuss with them about the latest divine trends, such as equal rights for chickens, you will start to tell them, that eventually they do not need to murder themselves all the time and such stuff.
An elegant solution is: Thou shall not kill! - because it leaves room for future updates and maybe one day even chickens will be included in the divine covenant.

All the more evidence for the fact that the content of the bible isn't divine in origin at all. It's also pretty evident that the content has evolved and changed over time too, which is somewhat ironic in a way.

Besides, when I'm thinking about it, what's divine for cultures from the past is not what we think of as divine in most cases. For example the Faraos of Egypt, the Emperor of China, Emperor of Japan and also Kings in certain other countries once were believed to be real Gods. I really think that whole concept has simply changed to something more abstract.

The bible seems to have been written using a clever psychological formula which leaves just enough room for discussion for it to be either 'always right because of the vagueness and room for different interpretations' or 'God did it and you can't prove he did not, thus we're still right'.

I'm sure religious people know of the following line; "If God is almighty, then can he make a rock so big and heavy that even he can't lift it anymore?".

Well, it's rather obvious that if God cán do that, that he isn't almighty, since otherwise he would have been able to lift the rock, on the other hand if he can't make it, he's not almighty either.

My point is, the bible is full of these kind of psychological and philosophical traps, but far less obvious than the stone example and off course in favor of God instead of against it.

Quote:

And btw: If I assume, that God is the Spirit of everything, it is only logical to assume, that such a Spirit is big and not easy to discover or understand.

You're making assumptions based upon assumptions, in my book that's not the right way of using logic when it comes to truth. Who knows, maybe God is a little child in terms of physical shape and intelligence? Think of it, there's a lot people assume simply because they have always assumed. (Gods have supernatural powers, Gods are almighty, etc. etc. eventhough there's no proof of such attributes linked to God(s) )

Quote:

I believe, that God was gradually discovered by REAL human beings at a REAL time and space.

What makes you think so? Also, isn't it a bit strange that we can't see, feel or hear God or any results of God's actions if there even are any?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software