Quote:

The truth about medicine: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t work.
The truth about religion: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t work.

When someone lies on the operation table having a life-threatening problem and you prevent the doctors from doing their job and you start praying to your God then that person will die. Simple. If doctors do their job correctly and the person at the operation table had a chance to survive to begin with, then modern medicine turns out to be much much much more effective than praying to God. Really, it's the modern medicine saving lives, not some God and it's not just my opinion, because like I said, simply prevent the doctors from doing their job and that person will die... It's more black and white than you think, because no modern medicine means an extremely decreased chance of survival, depending on the injury or operation needed the person will die in about 99.5% of all cases. Well, I don't suppose you'll claim that some God is responsible for the survival of this 0.5% that might survive not being treated at all ... Like I said before, that's no proof of divine intervention, but more so pure 'chance'.

Quote:

The normal thing seems to be, that people believe in the false prophets and crucify or throw stones at the true prophets.

This is an assumption of course, because perhaps people were right about Jesus in being a false prophet. It's merely the fact that you've more or less decided to determine Jesus as being a true prophet that this *would be true*. Simply put, you're biased. That's okey, but it's not proof for Jesus being a true prophet. (eventhough I have to admit he did say some very clever and true things,... that is, if he really even said those things..)

Quote:

Believe it or not, but true prophets were usually not popular.

They were not popular in the eyes of the rulers at that time, because they simply tried to get a piece of the pie in terms of power.
I think Jesus wasn't a threat because he preached differently, he was a threat because apparently so many people started to rebel against the rulers, he basically caused an uprising and had to pay for it with his life. (In fact I believe the only way how Jesus could function as a powerful key figure in the religion started by him later on would be to a.) declare him 'the Son of God' (there was a vote on this) and b.) they had to invent the whole 'risen from the grave' story and perhaps they also needed the miracle stories too to enforce point a., but then again perhaps these miracles happened, but in reality were magician tricks.)

Quote:

People, who want power and influence usually make arrangements with existing powers, tell the people nice things.

Okey, then what about the countless of promises Jesus made about heaven? What about the things he said about equal rights for the poor, hookers and what more? What about his claim that 'God loves all'? I can give you a pretty long list about things that are pretty nice for certain people. If you want to control the masses, try to get the biggest group behind you. That's usually the poor... again reason for me to suspect that Jesus was a power-greedy guy. You don't do tell people those kind of things "by accident", I just don't buy that, sorry...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software