Quote:

Perhaps you believe in 'instant healings' by mediums or something ...

No.

I was just making an analogy between two different subjects: medicine and religion.
My impression is, that you are confusing me with someone else

I donīt think itīs a good idea to pray, when something is wrong with the body, and so it wasnīt necessary to convince me of this.

It is however funny, that the variety of opinions, errors, mistakes in religion are reasons for you, to say: God canīt exist!

For me the contradictions etc. just tell me something about the difficulty of the subject or the shortcomings of people, who did not have the same knowledge, that we have.

But in medicine you would accept mistakes (and I agree with you here!), because you know, that the system as a whole nevertheless makes sense!

Now for me it is not so different with religion: Despite the mistakes, that people have made throughout history, I am still able to find some very important stuff and confirmation for a theory, that makes sense, but probably only if you understand it as a whole.

So in the end you might need some basic interest in order to start searching.
The more you understand, the more it might make sense.

Quote:

I understand, but I just wondered where your faith is based upon.

This is difficult to explain, mostly, because I do not follow a particular faith-system. Today I could say: Itīs based upon e v e r y t h i n g.
I had a very long mystic experience, which made me curious. I wasnīt religious before this and I only gradually accepted the idea of God.
Initially I even rejected the idea, I was running away from this, did all kind of worldly stuff. It didnīt work.
It was like the sudden revelation of something unknown, something absolute, like an absolute, indestructible point of reference, like a spiritual key.