All I'm saying is the more you know about life, the universe and everything through science the more religions have no choice but to become more abstract to keep their heads above the water when it comes to facts and truths, it's like you said, now it's already; "no, no, it's meant metaphorical" etc. That's actually back paddling at best, considering the facts and what people used to believe in in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm okey with abstract religions, I'm okey with religious people accepting science, they don't exclude eachother. It does seem like a 'cheap escape' to me, although yes I have to admit that a lot of what's written in the bible is quite cryptic, far too cryptic to have been meant literal in the first place. Off course, this is assuming that there still is some original ancient content left, when it comes to complete sentences and the actual way it was written down,

Quote:

I beleive in facts only , while I am afraid of emotional people

I'm not afraid of emotional people at all, but a belief based upon emotion does create a breeding ground for extremists and fundamentalists. Those people can have potentially dangerous ideas, but only a handful are a real threat.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software